ACMK Student Competition
The ACMK student competition is aimed at engaging Construction Management Students across Kenyan Universities by challenging them to apply knowledge acquired academically into solving real time project issues.
ACMK intends to have this competition annually as a way of contributing to the student’s body of knowledge and more importantly bridging the gap between class theory and practical experience.
This year’s competition, as will be the case in all future years will involve all universities
offering the programme. They include;-
• The University of Nairobi
• Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
• Kenyatta University
• Technical University of Kenya
• Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University
The following rules are to be followed for successful entry into the competition. A window of two week will be provided for participants to submit entries into the competition
- Each university will be allowed only two entry groups into the competition hence Ten ( 10) entries for each competition category.
- Each group must have a maximum of Five (5) and a minimum of Two ( 2) participants.
- Participants must be in year 1 or 2 for the 1st/ 2nd year’s competition and years 3 or 4 for the 3rd/4th year’s competition.
- Students on long holiday waiting to transition to 3rd year will only be eligible to participate in the 1st/2nd years competition.
- Participants must submit proof of year of study.
- Only one entry will be allowed per group and no participant should be a member of more than one group.
- Participants must be student members of ACMK.
During the two weeks window, each university will have a chance to make as many entries as possible i.e several groups. The entry will contain the following information:-
- University Name
- Number and details of group members (Name – as in National ID), Student Number, Year of Study, telephone numbers and email address) including scanned student number.
- Delegated group leader who will be the point of contact.
- A maximum of 500 words statement (to be in one independent page) explaining why you wish to enter into the competition and how the competition will benefit your aspirations hence why you should be shortlisted.
- Submit this before 25th May, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Awards for Each Competition
- 1st Position – Kshs. 30,000 + 1st Position Certificate for each group member
- 2nd Position – Kshs. 20,000 + 2nd Position Certificate for each group member
- 3rd Position – Kshs . 15,000 + 3rd Position Certificate for each group member
- All other participants from the remaining successful entries – Certificate of Participation